Tuesday, April 15, 2003

my computer is turned so that whoever's passing by can't see my screen...and when they see me intently typing or reading blogs, it'll look like i'm working really hard and they won't bug me. the worst is when someone comes into the cube to talk......and then all your im's that you minimized (cuz no one's responded for the last half hour) all of a sudden start blinking like crazy...like they're trying to give you away! i wonder if they even know what those blinking lights mean on the bottom of my screen...

this is the stuff i think about. nothing heavy. nothing super philosophical (or philosophical period). i wonder why people insist on making their headlights that annoying bright white when scientists and engineers that have spent years doing ergonomic studies have deemed yellow-white to be the most driver-friendly headlight color. i wonder about the people at my work who seem to only have a good time drinking beer and if they have some deeper side that fulfills them on a mental level. i wonder when my doctor will call me back to tell me if my leg is fractured. i think about the best way to get to bible study by using my car as little as possible. do i go home and get a ride with eric? do i drive to ann arbor and get a ride with someone there? i read the bottom of my snapple caps and wonder why only male turkeys gobble and why elephants don't jump. maybe this is why my vocabulary is so limited. i don't think about super complex things and therefore don't require large words with more than two syllables to express my thoughts.

anyway...back to work.

No comments: