Tuesday, June 29, 2004

to take off the whole two weeks or not to take off the whole two weeks before the baby is born??

i kind of want to. why am i even struggling with this? i should take advantage of it, yes? they'd even pay me for it as part of my "short term disability". (that's what they consider maternity leave, btw..) and my manager doesn't care...

me: my doctor said i can work up until the baby is born.
mgr: oh, don't do that.
me: but he usually recommends that his patients take off the two weeks before the baby is born.
mgr: oh just do that. just work to the end of july.

how cool is she? such a blessing that she doesn't want me to work too hard. but two weeks by myself? will i be bored? i might. i don't want to sleep *all* the time. but i would be able to sleep. mmmm..sleeeeeep. i love sleep. especially now. do you know how annoying it is to wake up in the middle of the night/very early morning because you have to pee? it ruins a good night's sleep.

who am i kidding? i'm totally taking those two weeks off. you know what that means? i only have to work for another month!

No comments: