Tuesday, October 23, 2001



my house is empty. my tita and my cousin and my lolo left to go home to the philippines today and i'm sad. every time my tita leaves, i cry. i'm such a baby. it's not like i'm never going to see her again (she's coming back in the spring), but it's been that way since i had to say goodbye to her the first time she left the states when i was nine. and then i make her cry, and then we're both sitting there hugging and crying ourselves ugly. ah, well...life must go on..

i might be getting a new car. it's actually more of an i-am-going-to-get-a-new-car, but now i just have to find one to buy. but it can't be too expensive because i have no money and my insurance is going to be ridiculous since i like to drive fast and i'm not 25. shopping for a car is not as fun as shopping for clothes. at least for clothes you can just see if it fits...if it looks good and has a good price, buy it. but with a car, you have to know so many more things that i don't know, but should care about, and i assume i eventually will because i am a soon-to-be car owner. plus, i'm pretty sure that ny and eric will sufficiently educate me on everything i need to do as a soon-to-be car owner. they're good that way. i don't feel old enough to have my own car. maybe it's the whole financing thing...i've never bought anything big enough where i have to pay in installments. it's scary--like my first baby step to being independent from my mom. of course, at college i was independent from my mom because i didn't live at home, but she still made sure everything was paid for and that i didn't starve. and now i'm home, and she cooks and lets me live here for free...and, technically speaking, i'm still her dependent (so says the irs). i don't know what i'd do without her. i'd be so lost otherwise, but i don't think she knows it. maybe i should tell her.

No comments: